I had a laugh the other day as someone pointed out some great points regarding Batman v. Superman. It really shows how some people in Hollywood realized that they really did screw up the reboot of Superman, i.e. the Man of Steel. Here are the steps as I see them:
1. “We need to downplay what we did to Superman, with him having killed Zod and thousands of people. We need to put less Superman emphasis in Man of Steel 2. Oh, how about we add Batman? Remember in that other movie where there was a Superman and Batman logo? Let’s go with that idea. Everyone loves Batman.” Superman v. Batman is created.
2. “Ah, okay, how about we switch things around, emphasize what people really like.” Title corrected to: Batman v. Superman
3. “I think we might still have too much Superman. Can we bring Wonder Woman in?” Wonder Woman added to all promos.
4. “You know, if you have lots of tomatoes but people don’t really like them, you add lots of things to the salad to dress it up.” Make Batman v. Superman a prelude to the Justice League
5. “Let’s just park Superman in the Justice League quietly.” DC reveals a long list of movies and sequels, including a Ben Affleck stand-alone Batman movie, but no Superman movies.